Our firm proudly hosts the Spectrum Open, a charity golf tournament and dinner event, each summer at
Fircrest Golf Club, Fircrest, Washington.
Please join us for the 2017
Spectrum Open, which is scheduled for Monday, August 28, 2017.
The Spectrum Open debuted in September 2006, following the untimely passing of Spectrum's founder Panayotis "Pano" Koumantaros in December 2005. The event celebrates Pano's love of fellowship, life, golf, and good food and wine.
All proceeds from the event benefit the
Pano Koumantaros Cancer Research Fund (the Fund). The Fund's mission is to eradicate cancer by providing funding in support of cancer research, treatment, and care initiatives. To date, the monies raised for the Fund, principally through the Spectrum Open and memorial donations, have exceeded $2 Million.
Some of the Fund's notable projects have included:
- $50,000 dedicating a room at St. Joseph Medical Center, Tacoma, in Pano's memory,
- 19 Sleeper Chairs outfitting the entire oncology unit at St. Joseph,
- $48,000 for new equipment, including a bladder scanner, for the oncology unit at St. Joseph,
- $63,000 for the South Sound C.A.R.E. Foundation specifically for Cancer Research Clinical Trials,
- $100,000 for Triple Negative Breast Cancer Clinical Trials Research,
- $60,000 for Kids and Cancer at Mary Bridge Children's Hospital, and
- $100,000 for Bladder Cancer Research and to incubate a Bladder Cancer Institute in the South Sound
Spectrum wishes to thank all of the donors, participants, sponsors, and volunteers who have made the Spectrum Open such an incredible event over the years.